The latest Digital Landscape Report is now available for members to download.Download Type: ppt
Download Size: 4624k Highlights
- US Online ad forecast is growth of 23% in 2012, and almost a doubling of revenue by 2016 (eMarketer Jan ‘12)
- Male/female splits are more even for tablet ownership (53%/47%) vs smartphones (57%/43%) (Nielsen February ’11)
- Share of traffic to UK News and Media sites has leapt almost 18% yoy, the biggest yoy increase yet, whilst social media traffic has only grown 2.8% yoy, and fallen in share from last month’s high to under 13%. (Hitwise Feb ’12)
- Online video sites continue to grow markedly, increasing UK traffic by over 45% yoy and account for around 5% of all online traffic
- More UK users agree that ‘advertising is acceptable’ on their tablet (40%) than smartphone (30%) (Nielsen Feb’12)
- Smartphone tipping point - Kantar figures suggest that 50.3% of the population of GB own a smartphone (Feb ’12)
- In Europe, Telecoms is still the biggest advertiser on mobile in 2011 (20.3%), ahead of media companies (17.9%) (Madvertise Feb ‘12)
- Slightly more than 1% of fans of the biggest brands on Facebook are actually engaging with the brands (Ehrenberg-Bass Institute Jan ‘12)
The Digital Landscape Report is our monthly summary of research covering digital media.
Login or register your details
for access to the AOP site if your company is a member
. Find out more about the benefits of joining AOP.
Join the AOP group on LinkedIn
- open for all Members
to AOP's e-newsletter.