Currently working on paid content strategies with both Emap and UBM, Abacus E-Media
’s Project Director last week delivered an insightful talk on the practicalities of charging for digital content to AOP’s Product Development Committee. Download the presentationDownload Type: ppt
Download Size: 3285k
(AOP members only.)Read Ian's article on paid content & the 'year of the paywall'
In the article, Ian includes a list of requirements for your content management system, if you're aiming to charge for your content online:
- Access controls should be highly flexible – ideally incorporating a rules-based system that can be adapted over time particularly as new content areas or functionality comes on stream
- There should be support for incremental access regimes including provision for usage metering
- The access regime should be controlled and maintained by the publication’s audience acquisition team. And they should be able to change and evolve the model at speed without the need for technical redevelopment
- The system must be able to integrate with existing print fulfilment facilities to ensure a single customer view and a joined-up user experience
- There should be close integration with the transaction engine to ensure that the system can offer a wide range of payment options from micropayments to direct debit support
Abacus E-Media is an Associate Member of AOP
Join the AOP group on LinkedIn
- open for all Members
to join Subscribe
to AOP's e-newsletter.