'Things you need as a product manager' by spieri_sf
The full programme is now released for our next event, ‘Introducing a Product Culture’
, taking place on Wednesday 6 July at the Blue Fin.
Speakers from BBC, Orange Digital, Guardian and more will tackle: why publishers should 'do product', lessons from startups, implementing product management in a large media organisation, through to unlocking innovation through autonomy. Free places available for publisher members
- book yourself a place.
Who should attend?
Publishers, Editors, CTOs, Product Managers and Heads of Product, Marketing and Research.
Companies booked to attend so far include:
BBC, Conde Nast, Dow Jones, Economist, Faversham House, Guardian, Haymarket, IPC, ITV, MTV, Newsquest, RBI, Trader Media, TSL Education, UBM
Forum Agenda & Presentation Details
14.30-14.35 Welcome and introductionLee Baker, Director, AOP
14.35-14.45 Chair's Introduction and OverviewNic Newman, Digital Strategist and Consultant
* Why product management is taking hold in media companies
* To what extent is there a skills and experience gap in the UK?
14.45-15.05 Why do Product?Tanya Cordrey, Digital Development Director, Guardian News & Media
* How to establish a product culture
* Demonstrating how product adds value
* What does product look like at a successful digital company15.05-15.25
15.05-15.25 Creating a Product Culture from Scratch - Lessons from StartupsJanna Bastow, Head of Product, BraveNewTalent & Co-founder, ProductCamp London
* How start-ups approach product, and what publishers can learn
* Launching fast and cheap
* Tooling up to maximise your resources
15.25-15.45 Coffee Break
15.45-16.05 Implementing Product Management in a Large Media OrganisationChris Russell, Head of Product Management, BBC
* Changing a culture with scale
* Introducing the right amount of discipline to the creative process
* Training and developing product managers and others
16.05-16.25 Unlocking Product Innovation Through Autonomy Case StudyDaniel James, Head of Product and Innovation, Orange Digital
* Why Orange has established a dedicated, autonomous team to deliver product innovation across multiple screens
* How the Orange team defined a strategy and roadmap for success and embedded a new way of working to deliver results
* How this new business is delivering both for Orange and our customers
16.25-17.10 Panel Discussion
17.10-18.00 Drinks ReceptionFind out more
or book your ticket
- Free places available for publisher members
New Pricing Structure for Members
Attendance at our Forums is now free for Publisher (Board and Affiliate) Members
, up to a maximum of 4 places per company. Any additional places will be invoiced at £95+vat.
Tickets for Associate Members
remain at £95+vat. Non-member places
are priced at £195+vat.
Unsure if your company is a member? Please see our Full list of AOP Member Companies
AOP Event Highlights from last year
Join the AOP group on LinkedIn
- open for all Members
to join Subscribe
to AOP's e-newsletter.