which launched on 1 November, a merger of BBC Magazines, Origin Publishing and Magicalia, today announced its senior management structure and roles.
The new top team structure is designed to:
- Integrate BBC Magazines, Origin Publishing and Magicalia by building a strong leadership team from across the business;
- Ensure that the organisational structure supports Immediate Media’s strategy of creating a brand-led, consumer-focused, cross-media business;
- Strengthen the company’s digital capability alongside its publishing heritage and the development of a progressive entrepreneurial culture.
Announcing the new team, Tom Bureau, CEO of Immediate Media, said
“When launching Immediate Media Co in November, we created a new force in consumer publishing. I am delighted to announce a new structure and team to lead the business. We are setting out to develop a market leader in brand-led, cross-media consumer publishing and I am excited to announce the talented management team who will deliver on this vision.”
- Kevin Langford, previously COO of BBC Magazines, becomes CFO of the new company with responsibility for Finance and Operations. Stephen Lavin, previously FD at Magicalia, becomes FD, London. Graham Rose continues as FD for the Bristol business.
- Kathy Day is appointed MD, Radio Times Group, with responsibility for print, digital and e-commerce across the brand. She was previously Publishing Director of Radio Times
- Andy Marshall is appointed Group MD, retaining responsibility for the Bristol arm of the company. In addition, Toni Round and Jaynie Bye, Joint MDs of the market-leading Youth & Children’s business, will now report into Andy in his role as Group MD. Andy was previously MD of BBC Magazines Bristol and Origin Publishing
- Alfie Lewis, previously Publishing Director, Food Group, is appointed Group Publishing Director, Contract and Customer Publishing, with responsibility for BBC titles published under contract and the wider customer publishing business;
- Duncan Tickell, previously MD Publishing at Magicalia, is appointed Commercial Director of Immediate Media Co with overall responsibility for advertising sales, e-commerce and enterprise, subscriptions, and international licensing;
- Jo Brandl becomes HR Director for Immediate Media Co. She was previously HR Director at Magicalia;
The company is creating two new roles:
- An MD for London Specialist, whichwill house the London-based cross-media brands including Gardeners’ World, the Parenting portfolio, and the Active digital brands. Dominic Murray, Publishing Director of Gardener's World, will play an expanded role in this group moving forwards.
- The second new role is Director of Product Development and Strategy. This role will have responsibility for leading digital platform development, and working with the senior team to develop compelling cross media strategies and new products.
Additionally, Immediate Media Co has also confirmed the following key appointments:
- Matt Teeman becomes MD Advertising, with group responsibility for advertising sales;
- Jess Burney becomes Director of Enterprise, CRM and Subscriptions and will be responsible for directing the development of consumer data, transactions and ecommerce;
- Ben Preston becomes Editorial Director of Radio Times, with responsibility for editorial and content development across all platforms;
- Rebekah Billingsley becomes Publishing Director, Mobile;
- Chris Corderoy, previously CTO Magicalia, becomes CTO of the expanded company;
- Katherine Conlon is appointed Head of Legal, joining Immediate Media Co from BBC Worldwide;
- Sarah Williams-Robbins becomes Director of Communications for the new company.
As previously announced, the Chairman of Immediate Media Co is Stephen Alexander, and the Deputy Chairman is Peter Phippen, previously MD of BBC Magazines.
Join the AOP group on LinkedIn
- open for all Members
to AOP's e-newsletter.