Future, the award-winning international media group and leading digital business, today announces its new Executive Management Team under the leadership of Zillah Byng-Maddick, CEO.
As previously announced Richard Haley will join as CFO in October, having previously held a number of senior roles at Tesco Plc. The rest of the Management Team is as follows: Nial Ferguson
is appointed Content & Marketing Director
. Nial joined Future in March 2008 and under Nial’s stewardship Future has established itself as the UK’s leading consumer technology media company. Nial will be responsible for the creation of the award leading content that Future is famous for and the marketing brand strategy and plans to support the business, in addition Nial has accountability for Future's award winning Events team. Jeff Turner
has joined Future as Commercial Director for Advertising
. Jeff has a 16 year career in media, including senior commercial roles at Telegraph Media Group and KGB deals. Jeff will oversee all Advertising Commercial functions – including Commercial Planning, Ad Ops and Commercial Content Creation. Paul Layte
was appointed Commercial Director for Consumer Revenues
in May 2014. Paul was previously at Carphone Warehouse, and brings with him invaluable technology and retail experience. Paul oversees Circulation, Subscriptions, Digital Editions, Trade Marketing, Affiliates, Consumer & Product Insight, Data Strategy and International licensing. Emma Harvey
joined the business in June 2014 and leads the newly created Product & Technology team, as Product and Technology Director
. Emma is responsible for Future’s strategy and execution across IT architecture, product management across all of Future’s channels and the Development and UX teams. Emma brings with her a wealth of media and telecoms industry experience. Michael Venus
, joins as HR and Communications Director
, responsible for developing Future’s people and communication strategies. Michael has over 20 years experience in the media sector. Charlie Speight
, continues as Senior Vice President
of Future US, having been promoted to this role in April 2014. Charlie has worked at Future for nearly two years with a background in Product and Technology and the Games industry.
Zillah Byng-Maddick, CEO, says: “I am delighted to be working with such a strong team with a wealth of Media, Retail, and Technology experience; this is the right team for the next stage of the Future journey and I am looking forward to working together with them”. --ENDS-- Enquiries: Future plc
Gemma Combellack, Communications Executive
+44 20 7042 4036/ + 44 7788 576505 About Future:
- Future plc is an international media group and leading digital business, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- Future has operations in the UK, US and Australia creating publications, apps, websites and events.
- Future holds market-leading positions in Technology, Games, Music, and the Creative sector.
- Future attracts more than 49 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com and musicradar.com.
- Future sold more than 14 million magazines last year. Our most well-known brands include T3, Total Film and Xbox: The Official Magazine.
- Videos created by Future had over 143 million views last year
- Future, and its portfolio, reaches over 15 million people on social media.
- Future has over 200 licensing & syndication agreements in 89 countries worldwide, and exports over 55 titles.
- Follow Future plc on Twitter at www.twitter.com/futureplc and on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/future-publishing
*Please note all figures exclude Sport and Craft which was sold to Immediate Media in July 2014