AOP Spring Conference 12th March 2014 – Tickets Now on Sale
Aimed at specialist and targeted media businesses across the B2B and B2C communities this event provides unique networking opportunities, in addition to a programme covering key areas of interest and focus for those developing digital businesses or operating within the digital space.
Core themes that will be covered by presentation, discussion and debate include:
· Editorial that delivers –defining what content sells, the most valuable formats
· Content Marketing - The relationship and value between earned/paid/owned.
· Driving live events - successfully engaging content marketing strategies.
· Successful social media in targeted markets
· Commercial Priorities - Programmatic Trading in niche environments
· Lead Generation - data collection and integrated sales packages
· Subscriptions as a corporate service
for discounted rates before the 5th January 2014
Commercial Beyond Advertising Forum
Our last Forum of the year took place on Wednesday at Incisive Studios.
The event was moderated by Immediate Media’s Duncan Tickell with a panel of speakers discussing topics which included:
· A look at Dennis’ adnostic business' from Jonathan Kitchen covering using a start-up mentality to launch a new business and taking a future view - how publishers need to change to survive.
· A Case Study from Global’s Tony McAllister – explaining how content strategy has created new partnership opportunities by embracing social and new technology and how partnerships can deliver for the client, the publisher and the consumer.
· Nick Cohen, Head of Beyond Advertising, MediaCom discussed Connected Content and how to work with brands and the key issues brands & publishers need to consider when working in this way
· Alicia Navarro, Co-Founder & CEO, Skimlinks took delegates through different ways of Monetising Commerce-Related Content including using affiliated product links in content to drive business and how to find the elusive balance with monetising commerce-related content and editorial policy
A huge thanks to our speakers and delegates for making our forum programme this year such a success.
AOP Events in 2014
The full AOP events calendar for 2014 is now online. With seven forums and two flagship conferences themes will include; Mobile First, Evolving successful content business models, Mobile Advertising, Video, and of course AOP Research
The arguable jewel in our crown The Digital Publishing Awards takes place on 3rd July and the entry period launches shortly. Look out for further announcements on our categories and esteemed judging panel over the next few weeks.
To view the full AOP events calendar for 2014 please click here.
News From the Digital Universe
comScore Releases Digital Market Overview for October 2013
Digital analytics company comScore has released its latest set of figures for October, providing an insight into the UK internet audience, analysing trends across key sectors and audience demographics.
The demographics focus this month are Females aged 25-34. Read the full story and download the report from our website here.
OFCOM Reveals UK Digital Advertising Trends: stats
In 2012, 36% of advertising spend in the UK was on digital. This is up from 19% in 2007.
This statistic comes from OFCOM’s 2013 International Communications Market Report, revealed today. The UK also spends a higher share of its advertising budget on digital than the rest of the world
Hearst launches Hearst Advertising
Hearst Magazines UK yesterday announced the launch of Hearst Advertising – a new unified sales structure that will provide agency and client partners with a single point of contact across the media owner’s portfolio of brands, audiences and platforms. Read the full story from InPublishing here.
24/7 Media, announce acquisition of Crystal Semantics
24/7 Media, WPP Digital’s Marketing Technology Company who merge with Xaxis early in 2014, this week announced its acquisition of Crystal Semantics from ad pepper media International. Crystal Semantics is an award winning provider of semantic advertising solutions. Read more here.
If you have an industry news story you would like us to include in our weekly digest please contact Zoe Blackmore via email
Have a fantastic weekend!
The AOP Team