In addition to announcing its tools will available for $50/month in the cloud
, the newest version of InDesign is set to include a range of features to help publishers working on multiple digital platforms.
New features in InDesign CS6 include:
Full list of new features
- Alternate Layout - Design multiple versions of a layout for various devices as well as print, all within the same InDesign file
- Liquid Layout - Apply rules to automatically adapt content when you create an alternate layout with a different size or orientation
- Content Collector Tools - Grab text and objects from an existing layout. In a new layout, use the Content Placer to add items in the order you want them to appear.
- Linked Content - Link content within or across InDesign documents so that changes (including interactivity) made to the parent text or object are applied to all linked children objects.
Adobe’s move towards HTML5 includes the following features announced in the overall Creative Suite release:
Live Streamed Webcast
- Integrate HTML5 animations, created with Adobe Edge preview, into Dreamweaver projects, driving home Adobe’s leadership in tooling for the HTML5 Web standard.
- Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 addresses the challenge of responsive Web designs with the ability to build fluid grid layouts replacing the tedious manual process of creating and configuring separate CSS-based interfaces for phone, tablet and desktop.
- Through direct integration with Adobe’s recently announced PhoneGap Build service, Dreamweaver CS6 helps round out web professionals’ skillsets and enables them to produce native mobile applications for multiple platforms.
- Adobe Flash Professional CS6 users can easily translate and transition their skills to HTML5 using the Flash Professional Toolkit for CreateJS. Flash Professional CS6 also helps designers create exciting and impactful gaming experiences and advancements include the ability to generate sprite sheets that improve workflows and performance.
- Pre-built native extensions and new packaging options, leveraging the latest Adobe Flash Player and AIR runtimes, help expand and ease app delivery to Android and iOS devices.
An on-demand version of the launch event for Adobe Creative Cloud and CS6 will be available at http://tv.adobe.com
beginning April 24.
Pricing and Availability
Adobe Creative Suite 6 products and Adobe Creative Cloud are scheduled to be available within 30 days and can be pre-ordered now
Adobe is an Associate Member of AOP
Join the AOP group on LinkedIn
- open for all Members
to join Subscribe
to AOP's e-newsletter.