All journalists need to be web savvy. This practical hands-on session will enable
delegates to deconstruct home pages and articles, to analyse and evaluate different structures and writing styles, and to create their own blueprints for effective writing for the web.
Editors and journalists making the shift to online. The course highlights the difference between print and online with emphasis on unique online skills and how journalists can make the most of writing for a new media environment.
- what makes the web experience different?
- knowing who the audience is
- the basics of usability
- what makes a good homepage?
- where Google fits in
- use of web tools
- web analysis packages
- working with copy and keywords
- writing for the web
- heads, sells, intros and subbing tips
- language and tone
- effective article formats for the web
- creating user-generated content
- enhancing the user experience
Course leader: Lynda Burgess
Member price: £440 + VAT
Non-member price: £485 + VAT