'Things you need as a product manager' by spieri_sf
This forum will explore how media owners can best skill up their teams and roll out a product management culture in order to deliver, and continually refine killer products - presentations from this event available for members to download below
if you don't yet have a login password.
Watch/read our interview with Chris Russell at the event What do product managers do? Interview with BBC Head of Product Development
Event ProgrammeChair's Introduction and OverviewNic Newman, Digital Strategist and Consultant
* Why product management is taking hold in media companies
* To what extent is there a skills and experience gap in the UK?
* Download Nic's 'State of Product Management' ReportWhy do Product?Tanya Cordrey, Digital Development Director, Guardian News and Media
* How to establish a product culture
* Demonstrating how product adds value
* What does product look like at a successful digital company
* Download Tanya's presentationDownload Type: ppt
Download Size: 2345k
- AOP members onlyCreating a Product Culture from Scratch - Lessons from StartupsJanna Bastow, Head of Product, BraveNewTalent, and founding organiser of ProductCamp London
* How start-ups approach product, and what publishers can learn
* Launching fast and cheap
* Tooling up to maximise your resources
* Read Janna's post - 'Creating a Product Culture Starts with Communication'
* Download Janna's presentationDownload Type: pptx
Download Size: 1442k
- AOP members onlyImplementing Product Management in a Large Media OrganisationChris Russell, Head Of Product Management, BBC
* Changing a culture with scale
* Introducing the right amount of discipline to the creative process
* Training and developing product managers and others
* Download Chris' presentationDownload Type: pptx
Download Size: 1288k
- AOP members only
* Watch/read our interview with Chris at the eventUnlocking Product Innovation Through Autonomy Case StudyDaniel James, Head of Product and Innovation, Orange Digital
* Why Orange has established a dedicated, autonomous team to deliver product innovation across multiple screens
* How the Orange team defined a strategy and roadmap for success and embedded a new way of working to deliver results
* How this new business is delivering both for Orange and our customers
* Download Daniel's presentationDownload Type: ppt
Download Size: 2840k
- AOP members only
More Background on this event
Building on December's forum 'The Secrets Of Product Success'
, where we looked at the current state of product development within UK media along with case studies around user-centred design and agile, this forum brings together leaders in product management to discuss and demonstrate the impact of a strong product culture with dedicated product managers, through a series of presentations calling on first-hand experience and an extended panel debate.
Who should attend?
Publishers, Editors, CTOs, Product Managers and Heads of Product, Marketing and Research.
Companies booked to attend so far include:
BBC, Conde Nast, Dow Jones, Economist, Faversham House, Guardian, Haymarket, IPC, ITV, MTV, Newsquest, RBI, Trader Media, TSL Education, UBMBook now
- free places for publisher members.
We will ask:
- How do you set about building a product management culture?
- How do you help other parts of the business understand what product managers do?
- What is the best way to skill up?
- What can be trained vs what can better be learned by hands-on experience
- How do you roll out new management procedures to ensure more successful, profitable launches and products that evolve with user demand
New Pricing Structure for Members
Attendance at our Forums is now free for Publisher (Board and Affiliate) Members
, up to a maximum of 4 places per company. Any additional places will be invoiced at £95+vat.
Tickets for Associate Members
remain at £95+vat. Non-member places
are priced at £195+vat.
Unsure if your company is a member? Please see our Full list of AOP Member Companies