As seismic shifts continue in the ways in which audiences consume media, advertising is traded, channels converge and targeting evolves, today’s digital marketer needs to be ready to understand this new media landscape. This course offers a comprehensive look across all media, including search, affiliate, email, mobile, social & display, to give delegates the broadest view of digital media opportunities, challenges, buying methods and key considerations around the complexities of planning, buying and executing online campaigns.
Who should attend?
Anyone with a remit for acquiring customers online or building brand awareness via advertising campaigns, for instance brand managers, digital marketing and campaign managers, agency account handlers, marketing executives and media. Some online experience is beneficial.
How will I benefit?
You will acquire a broad understanding of the role of online media planning and buying and of current trends that influence this such as media fragmentation, audience shifts in consumptions, web 2.0 and social media. By the end of the day, you’ll be confident in planning and executing an online ad campaign from brief to conclusion including planning, buying and measurement.
What will I learn?
A practical, discussion-led workshop, it is divided into three key areas of planning and strategy, how to deliver an effective display advertising campaign, and delivery, measurement and analysis. After attending the course, you'll understand the trends in line media planning and buying, know the scope and tools available, and the different trading models used, including CPM, CPC and CPA together with targeted placements, networks and auctions. A case study will guide you through best practice in behavioural targeting. You'll learn about the importance of analytics and tracking, and the most relevant methods of measuring effectiveness.
Planning and strategy:
- How online media differs from other traditional media opportunities
- Audience behaviour online: penetration rates, trends, challenges
- Online ad spends, so who's spending how much and on what?
- Selecting the right channels, formats and placements for your campaign
- Key considerations to take into account when briefing and developing ad creative
- How to overcome the key challenges of online advertising and maximise ROI?
Display advertising: how to deliver an effective campaign:
- Understanding the role of online media in the decision-making process
- How to buy behaviour rather than demographics
- Considerations for direct response versus brand objectives
- The planning process and tools used in media planning such as ComScore, Hitwise, and AdRelevanceCreative and targeting strategy, including what to consider
- Media buying options, rates and the art of negotiation
- The importance of integration with other channels
- Developing a good brief and understanding channel split
Delivery, measurement and analysis:
- Third party ad-serving options and how to use them effectively
- Analytics and online advertising
- Measuring campaign effectiveness - DR and brand metrics
Cost: £545 + VAT
, 0207 681 4122
Join the AOP group on LinkedIn
- open for all Members
to AOP's e-newsletter.