A workshop for news journalists who want to take a more structured approach to
planning and writing news pages and create a wider variety of news stories and
opportunities for their web and print titles.
Suitable for: Reporters, news editors and editors who have limited experience in
handling news pages for web and print titles.
- what makes a good story?
- the lifecycle of news
- opportunities for developing news stories that aren’t just PR spin
- where to find even more news – what new and different sources could we use?
- generating own ‘off-diary’ news stories
- balancing news coverage across print and the web
- developing web stories for the print medium
- making the most of web communities – how interacting with users can create more stories
- livening up news intros – different styles and approaches
- a look at delegates’ own news pages
Course leaders: David Mascord
Member price: £315 + VAT
Non-member price: £350 + VAT