In the last year we’ve seen a spike in paid content innovation for publishers. From a massive shift to paid in b2b, to the growth of paid apps on the consumer side, to micropayment models for broadcast.
As the debate has shifted from ‘how can you charge for digital content’ to ‘how can you afford not to’ – this event looked at a variety of publishers’ paid strategies, sharing case studies on what works, what we’ve learned so far and how user insight is helping publishers perfect the freemium model. Speakers include:
How data is being used to inform paid strategies
? Pricing strategies and bundling – can free web services
and paid apps
work together?What are the implications of combining online
? The Perspective
– how have content consumption habits and platform usage shifted the way we communicate with our audiences The publisher
– Where the modern publisher content strategy has evolved to, including freemium models for publishers, paid content and micropayment strategies. Payment Systems –
how to successfully deploy promotion and marketing of paid content systems allowing publishers to focus on producing content, and the insights from online subscriptions and analysis of user behavior. The Disruptor –
the view from a brand who understands the importance of getting the level of gated access correct to encourage conversion, and the need to scale for success.
"Product is simple. It’s Customer service that’s hard." Tom Whitwell
Read Jasper Jackson's article 'What can Publishers learn from Spotify's freemium model?'
The Twitter hashtag for this event was #ukaop
. Members can download speaker presentations below Autosport: Taking its users on the journey
Rob Aherne Publisher Autosport
Success through content analysis
- Embrace the Model: ‘A Paywall saved us’
- What People will pay for: Features, Comments, Analysis, Images, Stats & No Ads
- Cherish the engaged - The 1% of Autosport’s audience who provide 11% of traffic
Ján Cifra, CFO, Piano Media jan-cifra-presentation
The Paywall Experiment realised
- New models are full of surprises. Don’t make assumptions. Base decisions on data
- Content is king, but form and User experience matter
Tom Whitwell, Assistant Editor, The Times
- Debunking the naysayers
- Know more about the regsitered few
- Be Fearless, hire Fearless people
Free for all, a fair deal for Artists
Chris Maples, VP Europe, Spotify
Pricing Booking for this event has now closed!
- Focus on what YOU're doing, not your competitors
- Consumers 'get' tech, faster than Tech companies do
- Make 'Paid for content' Amazing
Attendance at our Forums is free for Publisher (Board and Affiliate) Members
, up to a maximum of 4 places per company. Any additional places will be invoiced at £95+vat.
Tickets for Associate Members
remain at £95+vat. Non-member places
are priced at £195+vat.
Unsure if your company is a member? Please see our Full list of AOP Member Companies