With the shift towards 24:7 multimedia publishing, editorial teams are being unified, work places are being rationalised and editorial needs have changed. But is technology keeping up? How are the latest tools helping to streamline processes and speed up workflow and where are they falling down?
This forum brought together editorial experts to examine the latest issues surrounding true multimedia story production and to look at what new solutions are being sought.
The AOP Editorial Technology forum was held at IPC Media on the afternoon of Thursday 26 February - download speaker presentations below (AOP members only.)
The event was chaired by Pete Picton, Online Editor, The Sun
The Changing Face of Editorial Operations
Peter Bale, Executive Producer, Microsoft UK
Download Peter Bales' Presentation - AOP Members only.Download Type: pptx
- Overview of the latest developments in editorial technology
- What’s next for multimedia content delivery
- Issues and challenges and how these are being overcome
Download Size: 1711k
Using Technology To Switch to Multimedia
Diane Burley, Digital Industry Specialist, Nstein Technologies
Download Diane's Presentation - AOP Members only.Download Type: ppt
- Transitioning businesses and brands into multi-channel successes
- How technology is transforming publishing
- What today’s technology can and cannot do
- Looking towards tomorrow’s technology
- Read Diane's Blog
Download Size: 3142k
From One Screen To Multiscreen / Multiplatform: Case Study - Sky News
Julian March, Executive Producer, Sky News Online
Watch a video showcase of Sky News' multiplatform news operation in action 'when Black Monday shook the world'.
- Challenges and hurdles of transition at Sky
- Managing mindset change
- Restructuring for multiplatform output
The Future is Now
Kevin Anderson, Blogs Editor, guardian.co.uk
Press CoverageMicrosoft's Photosynth as a storytelling tool
(journalism.co.uk)Peter Bale: "Papers should cut production costs, not journalists"
Join the AOP group on LinkedIn
- open for all Members
to join Subscribe
to AOP's e-newsletter.