In this forum we examined the increasingly creative ways that publishers are boosting and diversifying their digital returns.Read our summary of the event - 'Diversified revenues in 5 simple steps'
CoveragePodcast: The Times, Guardian, Incisive and Google at AOP diversifying revenues forumMore from journalism.co.ukNMA
David Black, Group Digital Director, Trinity Mirror
Overview: Issues, opportunities and trends
Dominic Collins, Vice President Portal & Audience Business Unit, Orange (Chair)
Embracing the mobile and HTML5 revolution
Benedicte Autret, Strategic Partner Manager, Media & Publishing, Google UK
Lead Generation - The New Route to Revenue Case Study: IThound.com
Tom Wright, Publisher, Data Group, Incisive Media
Developing Paid Content at thetimes.co.uk
Tom Whitwell, Assistant Editor, The Times
Open Content, Platform and Partnerships
Tim Gentry, Head of Optimisation & Effectiveness, GuardianDominic Collins interview Find out more about the speakers
What are the key questions that you need to consider?
Money money money
- Paywall or API? – maximising audience numbers cross-platform at the expense of engagement, or going against the way of the web?
- Niche paid? – can sealing off certain types of content, or charging for specific verticals be made to work?
- Or is the answer a platform hybrid model? – for example FT’s paid site/ad-funded free iPad app or Guardian’s free site/paid-for iPhone app
- Registration walls – driving up CPMs and user understanding, or simply driving away users?
- Content, commerce & club - are you doing enough to engage your users? Should you be linking digital to bricks and mortar with a user club, or other premium services?
image by Whatknot