In July 2008, Emap Inform chose Webvision v3 from Abacus e-Media
as the digital publishing solution for ten of its major titles. By May 2009, eight of the titles had gone live – all of them on time and on budget – with the remaining two on schedule for completion within the agreed timescales.
Early in 2008 Emap Inform
recognised that their previous content management system did not put them in the best place to handle the company’s growing digital presence. Jeff Leslie, Digital Technology Director at EMAP Inform: "Regrettably, although the product had interesting functionality that allowed sites to be replicated, it was difficult to make changes and there was little additional off-the-shelf functionality that we could benefit from."Drapers' relaunched site
“The decision was taken in July 2008 that EMAP Inform would adopt the Webvision v3
product from Abacus e-Media. Our editorial staff could talk to Abacus, and they were all speaking the same language, which for us represented a huge plus. Added to this, Webvision v3 just worked out of the box, could be integrated with other products, and it did almost exactly what we wanted it to do."
Webvision v.3 Features
- Xstandard XHTML WYSIWYG editor on board – Xstandard is the leading standards-compliant plug-in WYSIWYG editor for desktop applications and browser-based content management systems (IE/Firefox/Safari/Opera)
- A simplified user interface for optimised content creation and editing
- Extensive support for user-generated content for forums, blogging and user interaction
- UK Framework templates – optional page templates developed for cost-effective rebranding
- An innovative new drag and drop SPIN technology which gives users the ability to change site navigation and page elements ‘on the fly’
Webvision v3 has been integrated with the Autonomy IDOL product to provide powerful and intelligent search functionality, whilst integrated recruitment services are powered by Madgex. Screen Daily's website relaunched
Graham Ruddick, Digital Marketing Director, at Emap Inform
commented: “It is extraordinary that eight such sophisticated sites have gone live, to the day, in such a short timescale. We have developed a great partnership with Abacus e-Media and they have done an excellent job from start to finish.”
According to Graham Ruddick, the implementation of Webvision v3 and the launch of the new sites have resulted in “a lot of differences – without exception each site that has launched to date has done better in terms of search, traffic and return visitors.”
Join the AOP group on LinkedIn
- open for all Members
to join Subscribe
to AOP's e-newsletter.