Product management roles in the digital environment call for a broad range of skills, a combination of qualities which don't relate directly to any specific role in print or legacy platforms.
With this in mind, to create a definitive list of requirements for digital product manager roles, AOP's Product Committee
came up with a top ten list of key characteristics and skills
, in no particular order these are:
Read more articles on product management.
- Diplomacy and communication throughout your organisation
- Awareness of the big picture combined with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise (and use Agile development methods)
- Ability to translate between technology and business functions
- Project manager/process skills
- Analytical, with a results focus – able to get things off the ground
- Understanding the drivers of digital
- User champion – never losing sight of the user journey
- Creativity and innovation – thinking outside the box
- Open-minded/flexible and level-headed
Join the AOP group on LinkedIn
- open for all Members
to AOP's e-newsletter.