With a team of people who think, live and breathe recruitment media (and nothing else) during their working day, customers of RBI’s job sites receive an unrivalled level of service and experience. Product development is linked very closely with feedback from sales and customers, and the team’s integrated approach to selling means that it can put the customer’s individual requirements at the heart of the business.
The RBI Job Sites team is a great example of sales, marketing, product development and commercial management collaborating to achieve some effective results.
Typically, this will involve a press release announcing new technology for clients, followed by a sales day promoting that development the very next day.
This effectively means that revenue is generated from advertisers the day after this functionality is live on the job service, across 17 sites.
The marketing team works hard to support sales, with advertising campaigns to generate leads and sales collateral to support the teams, even pitching in on sales days when needed.RBI Job Sites: "selling efficiently and doing everything they can in the classified space"
Professionalism & Client Relations
Customers and sales people are supported by practical, detailed marketing communications collateral - from online advertising guides, to SEO tip-sheets and bespoke reports, assisting the review process for the performance of all recruitment campaigns.
The sales team uses this information to work with customers to tailor individual solutions and review campaigns in progress using real time online reports, with a view to maximising their effectiveness and helping them to get the very best experience when advertising with RBI.
The customer response to these initiatives has been superb, with relative increases in job numbers and web-only revenue through contract sales as a result. The sales team’s success in converting customers who traditionally advertise print-only is also testimony to the hard work and great relationships generated.
- Increased revenue: up 14% in 2008 vs 2007 and up 30% in 2007 vs 2006
- Improved conversion rate from print: 90% (i.e. 90% of print customers now pay for additional web advertising)
- Increased web-only contract revenue: up 59%
- Yield per customer is up 26%… the team now does business with nearly 7,000 customers a year online too
- Revenue from jobseeker e-newsletters: over £100k (it was zero in period March ’07-Feb ’08)
- Flat job numbers: March ’07-Feb ’08 = 366,121; March ’08-Feb ’09 = 367,352…an incredible achievement considering the current economic climate, where there are many more fewer jobs
”This is a strong operation delivering solid results. They are selling efficiently and doing everything they can in the classified space.”
For more information, contact: Paul Cook, Publishing Director, RBI Job Sites. Email: email@example.com
or telephone: 020 8652 3788
Join the AOP group on LinkedIn
- open for all Members
to join Subscribe
to AOP's e-newsletter.