is a well-established and successful live music event in the UK. It now plays host to some 130 artists across twenty-five venues, with 10,000 visitors hitting NW1 for the experience.
The 2008 event was sold out, however the organisers were looking to improve gig-goers’ experience, generate a higher level of interaction and raise awareness among a wider audience.
- Build awareness and ‘buzz’ before the event - for example by offering teaser content and news alerts
- ‘Give something back’ to punters with exclusive mobile content and competitions - and use these to extend the life of the event beyond its actual
- Act as a source of practical information and advice, especially during the event itself
- Offer a mobile vehicle for the placement of event branding sponsorship or affiliate messages
- Capture data for mobile promotion of future Camden Crawl events
planned, created and delivered a mobile strategy which involved two elements:
Red Stripe Camden Crawl 2008 mobile internet site which spanned three stages - pre-event, during event and post-event, which was built and hosted in Mobrool, the Que Pasa mobile internet platform.
An SMS alert service which informed participants of queuing times at all venues
and line-up changes.
Participants were able to sign up to the service and receive a link to the mobile
site by texting the keyword ‘CRAWL’ to 82100. This call-to-action was displayed across various marketing materials and Camden Crawl sites and social network groups.
- 24 per cent mobile opt-in rate
- 17.5 per cent of mobile subscribers took part in a competition
- 31,771 text alerts sent to gig-goers in Camden
- 7000 mobile internet site page views within the week of the event
- average 16 page views per user
Lisa Paulon, who conceived and runs the Camden Crawl, said:
"Mobile acted as the perfect communication channel for this year’s Crawl,
enabling us to interact with our target audience individually, instantaneously and
straight to their pocket."
"The ability to inform punters about last minute line up changes and queue lengths impacted enormously on their ability to experience as much live music as possible - the whole ethos behind Camden Crawl."
"We were extremely impressed by the exclusive editorial content they created for
the mobile internet site which looked fantastic on everyone’s handsets."
Join the AOP group on LinkedIn
- open for all Members
to join Subscribe
to AOP's e-newsletter.